UArizona Faculty, Staff and Students: Volunteer to Help With Vaccine Distribution
Community members, UArizona faculty, staff and students are encouraged to volunteer to support the vaccination efforts at the UArizona vaccine point of distribution (POD) sites. Volunteers will be needed over the next several weeks; the UArizona POD prioritizes educators and childcare workers.
You do not need to be a clinician to volunteer. Jobs vary from greeter, screener, runner, observation, volunteer coordinator and more; training will be provided during your first shift. Volunteers will be asked to work at least three six-hour shifts.
How to register
- All Volunteers: Fill out this Volunteer Registration Form and you will receive instructions to sign up for shifts.
- As part of volunteer registration, you will be automatically prompted to take a quick HIPAA Training Certification (this takes 5 minutes). Additionally, faculty, staff, students and people who are already classified as Designated Campus Colleagues (DCC) may take the HIPAA Certification at any time.
- Community members not yet classified as DCCs: You will not be able to do the HIPAA training until you become a DCC by registering to volunteer. You will be prompted to do the HIPAA Certification after you register.
What to know before you volunteer
- Volunteers will be asked to work at least three (3) six-hour shifts at your assigned location.
- Most volunteer positions require standing and walking outside. Snacks, water and breaks will be provided.
- Most volunteer positions will consist of interacting while masked, outside, and at a distance with citizens who are in cars. Some remote volunteer opportunities are available.
- Masks should be worn at all times on the UArizona campus.
- Learn more about volunteering in Pima County and read the frequently asked questions.
Through an executive order issued by Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey, all volunteers will be given the same protections offered to healthcare workers through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act (see attached).