Healthcare providers and professionals are invited to join the Autism Webinar Series: "Autism and Applied Behavior Analysis." Registration is required (see below).
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) will be defined including a description of symptoms and the influence and expectations for learners diagnosed with ASD. Research on treatments for learners with autism will be reviewed. Participants will learn about strategies that can be used in teaching or support of an individual with autism.
- Identify the core symptoms of Autism spectrum disorder.
- Briefly describe Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
- Identify one evidence-based strategy that is effective for all learners.
This webinar is made possible through funding provided by Health Resources and Services Administration, Office for the Advancement of Telehealth (G22RH24749).
Kelsey Schimmel, MEd, BCBA is a clinical consultant at the Southwest Autism Research and Resource Center (SARRC). Kelsey is a board certified and licensed behavior analyst. Her clinical experience focuses on early childhood development, classroom management and inclusion for individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
|Autism and Applied Behavior Analysis||1.83 MB|
Continuing Education Statements
- Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider number CEP 14594, for 1.0 contact hours.
- CME pending approval by the American Academy of Family Physicians.