The "Next-Gen Translational Medicine: Tools for Success" virtual workshop is open to anyone interested in learning about the myriad of issues involved in turning research ideas into new medical interventions such as diagnostic tools, therapeutics or medical devices.
The workshop is sponsored by the College of Medicine – Tucson and the Arizona Department of Health Services Arizona Biomedical Research Centre.
Experts from academia, industry, intellectual property law, and marketing will demystify translational research and help participants to view their collaborations through the lens of entrepreneurship.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Channel your creative mindset and think like an entrepreneur
- Turn an idea into a fundable project
- Market your team and your idea
- identify stakeholders and potential investors
- Balance career advancement with innovation and invention
- Navigate IP and confidentiality issues
- And more!