Pride Month Symposium: Visibility Matters (Part 2)
As part of Banner Health Pride Month, Sarah Bahnson will be hosting the second of her two-part series on LGBTQIA+ Healthcare on Wednesday, June 29 from 5-6 p.m. via Microsoft Teams (link below).
- Historical context regarding the strained relationship between LGBTQI+ people and community institutions
- The complex impact additional identities, such as race and ability, have on health outcomes, financial resources, and personal supports
- The specific vulnerabilities of LGBTQI+ older people as it relates to end of life planning, palliative care, hospice care, and memory care
- The importance of making your organization’s efforts visible and welcoming
- How to provide the best support and resources to LGBTQI+ older people as they age
Bahnson is the LGBTQI+ Community Liaison for the Pima Council on Aging. She has a bachelor's degree in gender and women’s studies from the UArizona and has worked for several organizations in the Tucson that support the LGBTQIA+ community. Bahnson’s current role focuses on LGBTQI+ older adults and their families and providing education opportunities to the Tucson community.