2023 Arizona Telehealth Policy Summit
Please join us for this engaging networking event: The 2023 Arizona Telehealth Policy Summit
Who should attend: Health care leaders, administrators and professionals who are interested in the latest on Arizona’s telehealth policies, national trends and local challenges and opportunities.
Blessing and land acknowledgement: Carlos Gonzales, MD, FAAFP, assistant vice president for Indigenous Affairs
Opening remarks: Daniel Derksen, MD, associate vice president for Health Equity, Outreach & Interprofessional Activities, Office of the Senior Vice President for Health Sciences
Learn from national and state telehealth experts on:
State of telehealth in Arizona – Moderator: Dean Marc Miller, JD, University of Arizona College of Law
- State Representative Patty Contreras, MAdm
- State Senator T.J. Shope
- State Representative Alma Hernandez, MLS, MPH
National trends in Telehealth – Moderator: Tara Sklar, JD, MPH, faculty director of health law; Arizona Law; associate director of Telehealth Law & Policy, Arizona Telemedicine Program
- Jennifer Huer, MA, JD, LLM, interim executive director at Soloman Center, Yale Law School
- David Orentlicher, MD, JD, Nevada assemblyman; law professor, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Sharona Hoffman, JD, LLM, SJD, law professor, Case Western Reserve University
Telehealth challenges and opportunities at the local level – Moderator: Janet Major, associate director for Innovation and Digital Health, Arizona Telemedicine Program
- Sandip Bhowmik, state broadband director, Arizona Commerce Authority
- Kyle Sawyer, assistant director of Public Policy and Strategic Planning, AHCCCS
- Amanda Aguirre, president and CEO Regional Center for Border Health
How to attend: Virtual or in-person (seating is limited). Registration is required (no fee to register).
Sklar is the faculty director of the Health Law and Policy Program and a Distinguished Public Service Scholar at Arizona Law. She also holds appointments as associate director of telehealth law and policy at the Arizona Telemedicine Program, College of Medicine – Tucson and as a senior advisor with Innovations in Healthy Aging at the University of Arizona Health Sciences. She currently serves as a subject matter expert on telehealth legal issues with the Southwest Telehealth Resource Center and with the Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration in the Office for the Advancement of Telehealth. Sklar’s teaching and research examine legal, regulatory and ethical issues that arise in adapting to a diverse aging population, with a particular focus on digital health equity. She teaches courses on Telehealth Law & Policy and Aging Law & Policy at the University of Arizona.
|October 24 2023 AZ Tele Policy Summit Flyer updated||625.33 KB|