Arizona Telemedicine training program: Developing a telemedicine program
The Arizona Telemedicine Program and the Southwest Telehealth Resource Center offers one-day training courses on telemedicine and telehealth.
"Developing a telemedicine program" will give a broad overview of a variety of telemedicine topics, including:
- Clinical services
- Telecommunications and infrastructure development/operations
- Distance education
- Business aspects
- Equipment demonstration virtual tour
Who Should Attend
This course is excellent for individuals or groups who have some telehealth experience and are interested in expanding their services. It is also a great course for those new to telehealth who are interested in gaining a deeper understanding of this growing industry.
- Provide ongoing training for health care professionals involved or interested in clinical telemedicine and telehealth services
- Promote improved public health in rural and urban communities by providing current telemedicine and telehealth information and training
- Provide health care systems throughout Arizona and nationally with information, training and expertise in telemedicine and telehealth application
This webinar is made possible through funding provided by Health Resources and Services Administration, Office for the Advancement of Telehealth (U1U42527).
|September 18, 2023 Developing a Telemedicine Program flyer||441.36 KB|
- Apply telehealth best practices in the clinical integration of telehealth services as applicable
- Incorporate basic financial principles and latest billing policy updates for telehealth business planning
- Incorporate evaluation and assessment metrics for telehealth services
- Apply network and patient data security technologies for telehealth services
- Incorporate virtual etiquette and best practices to effectively communicate using telehealth technology, including cameras, software and peripheral devices
- Recognize telehealth deliveries and resources that promote equitable access to care
Accreditation / Credit Designation Statement
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The UArizona College of Medicine – Tucson designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Conflict of Interest Disclosure Statement
All Faculty, CME Planning Committee Members and the CME Office Reviewers have disclosed that they do not have any relevant financial relationships with commercial interests that could constitute a conflict of interest concerning this CME activity.