Falls Prevention Fair 2023
The 3rd Annual Falls Prevention Fair hosted by Banner - University Medicine, University of Arizona Health Sciences and the Division of Trauma, Surgical Critical Care, Burns and Acute Care Surgery empowers older adults with the tools they need to live happy and healthy lives free from the fear of falling. The event is free, but please make sure to register.
Join us for educational sessions from a variety of university experts, interactive workshops in balance and tai chi,* a vendor fair, food and refreshments as well as giveaways.
Doors open at 9:30 a.m., and opening remarks begin at 10:00 a.m.
Featured topics will include:
- Medication that can increase fall risk.
- Falling risk factors and prevention.
- Frailty and falling.
- Falls prevention resources.
*Space is limited for our "A matter of balance workshop" and our "Tai Chi for falls prevention," so please be sure to sign up to reserve your spot.
Entrance to the Falls Prevention Fair is on the southeast corner of the Health Sciences Innovation Building or HSIB. Nearby parking options include:
- Lot 2012 (directly behind HSIB): Limited free spots will be available starting at 9:15 a.m., including seven disabled spots. We encourage attendees to use this lot.
- The Highland Garage (off of Helen Street): Free parking will be available in this garage starting at 9:15 a.m., with validation. A shuttle service will also be available to take people to the HSIB building.
- Limited metered public parking spots are available across from the Banner Central Utility Plant and in Lot 2030.