R. Ken Coit College of Pharmacy | PharmCamp 2023
Middle school students are invited to attend a FREE week-long camp designed to inspire an interest in a pharmacy or health sciences career.
The one-week camp offers fun, hands-on activities and field trips that help youth experience a meaningful pharmacy and health sciences career. PharmCamp introduces youth to various health professions and helps them learn about the roles pharmacists play in clinics, community pharmacies, hospitals and other locations.
Students will spend a week on the R. Ken Coit College of Pharmacy campus exploring the exciting world of pharmacy and share what they have learned with friends and family on the final day of camp.
What can PharmCampers Expect?
- Meet and work with current students and alumni of the R. Ken Coit College of Pharmacy
- Visit a pharmacy and/or health care clinic and speak with pharmacists
- Do fun, hands-on projects in research labs at the College of Pharmacy and/or College of Medicine – Tucson and tour other parts of campus
- Participate in exciting compounding lab exercises like making lip balm and lotion
- Participate in group projects and presentations
- Build skills that will allow them to perform calculations and activities that pharmacists use on a daily basis
- Learn about the discovery of new medicines, the history of traditional medicines, poison prevention and even sunscreen
PharmCamp will be held twice over the summer on June 5-8 and July 17-20. Space is limited to 25 students per camp.
For more information, please contact Bill Pike at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 520-626-2300.