Neurological Sequalae of COVID-19
Dr. Frontera is a professor of neurology at NYU Grossman School of Medicine and specializes in neurocritical care and stroke. She graduated from Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and later completed neurology residency as well as stroke and neurocritical care fellowships at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York. Her research has centered on epidemiology and outcomes among patients with intracranial hemorrhage, with a recent focus on the neurological impact of COVID-19. She has authored several articles related to SARS-CoV-2 and receives funding from NIH/NINDS, NIH/NHLBI and NIH/NIA for her COVID-related projects including work on the RECOVER initiative, EPICCNet NeuroCOVID data/biobank and a R01 study of Alzheimer’s disease related biomarkers following SARS-CoV-2 infection. Dr. Frontera sits on the World Health Organization Brain Health task force for neurological complications of COVID-19.
To recieve CME credit for this Grand Rounds, email Brenda Lambert at email@example.com. No cost for Banner employees. $5 for non-Banner employees.
Sponsored by Banner Health, COVID-19 Health Disparities Initiative (funded by the CDC and Arizona Center for Rural Health) and the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine and Arizona CEAL (NIH- OT2-HL-156812).
After participating in this session, attendees will have a better understanding of:
- Neurological sequelae of acute and post-acute COVID-19
- Pathophysiological underpinnings of neurological events after COVID
- Long-term outcomes among patients with neurological sequelae of PASC
Eligible for 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- Banner Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to providecontinuing medical education for physicians.
- Banner Health designates this internet live for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ . Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
If you are not able to attend the live webinar, you can watch a recording of this COVID-19 Grand Rounds event at the Arizona Community Engagement Alliance (CEAL) website here. Click the Provider Education tab to take you to the recording. It may take approximately one week for the video to be published after the event.