Department of Psychiatry Trainee Presentations
Dr. Duerden grew up in rural Idaho and graduated from the University of Washington Medical School before coming to Tucson to complete his psychiatry residency training and graduated from the College of Medicine – Tucson's Department of Psychiatry residency program in 2022. He is a self-identified geek who enjoys board games and video games, podcasts, movies and other nerdy pursuits.
Dr. Carlo received her medical degree from Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Paul L. Foster School of Medicine, and graduated from the College of Medicine – Tucson's Department of Psychiatry residency program in 2022. She served as a chief resident. She is hoping to further learn ways that can improve quality of life in the geriatric community via the geriatric psychiatry fellowship - where she is currently a fellow. During her downtime, Dr. Carlo can be found eating, baking or discovering new shows to watch on Netflix.
The educational objective for Psychiatry Grand Rounds is to provide mental health professionals with updates on psychiatric topics with the goal of increasing knowledge, competence and patient care. Psychiatry Grand Rounds are held on Wednesdays (September-May) from 12-1 p.m.
Treatment of Stimulant Use Disorder in Older Adults, with Michael Duerden, MD
- Define reappraisal and explore implications in a clinical context
- Discuss findings of a repeated-measures experiment examining the effects of sleep deprivation on the ability to reappraise
- Explore clinical implications of research findings
Schizoaffective Disorder in the Older Adult, with Adiel Carlo, MD
- Understanding schizoaffective disorder
- Differences between the younger adult and older adult with schizoaffective disorder in the older adult
- Treatments available for schizoaffective disorder in the older adult
THESE PRESENTATIONS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
All faculty, CME Planning Committee members, and the CME office reviewer have disclosed that they have no financial relationships with commercial interests that would constitute a conflict of interest concerning this activity.