Long COVID updates: Epidemiology, diagnostics and treatment
Dr. Parthasarathy is a Murray and Clara Walker Chair and chief of the Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine at the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson and Banner – University Medical Center Tucson. He has a broad background in translational and clinical research with emphasis on intervention-based approaches in sleep, COVID and health disparities. His current research work as principal investigator is focused on (1) community engaged research alliance against COVID-19 related health disparities, (2) RECOVER long COVID Adult Cohort study, (3) health-services research in sleep medicine with emphasis on patient-centered approaches and dissemination and implementation aspects of interventions aimed to promote treatment adherence in health disparate populations, and (4) an NIH-funded training grant that aims to train individuals underrepresented in biomedical and behavioral research in lung and sleep disorders.
Registration is required for this event.
- Provide the changing epidemiological landscape of long COVID
- New findings on diagnostics in long COVID
- Prevention and treatment of long COVID
To receive CME credit for this Grand Rounds, email Brenda Lambert at email@example.com. No cost for Banner employees. $5 for non-Banner employees.
Sponsored by Banner Health, COVID-19 Health Disparities Initiative (funded by CDC and Arizona Center for Rural Health) and Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, College of Medicine – Tucson and Arizona CEAL (NIH- OT2-HL-156812)
Eligible for 1AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
- Banner Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Banner Health designates this internet live for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
If you are not able to attend the live webinar, a recording of this COVID Grand Rounds lecture will be available to view at the Arizona Community Engagement Alliance (CEAL) website, here. Click the Provider Education tab to take you to the recording. The recorded video will be available within one week after the event date.