Department of Psychiatry trainee presentations
The educational objective for Psychiatry Grand Rounds is to provide mental health professionals with updates on psychiatric topics with the goal of increasing knowledge, competence and patient care. Psychiatry Grand Rounds are held on Wednesdays (September-May) from 12-1 p.m.
Immunopsychiatry - Addressing Inflammation in the Treatment of Depression, with Julie Tomkins, MD
- Review the role of inflammation and immune dysregulation in depression
- Examine the latest evidence for clinically significant inflammatory biomarkers in depression
- Understand how a patient’s inflammatory status may guide depression prevention and treatment strategies
The Mind-Body Connection: Exercise and Mental Health, with Chang Su, MD
- Review the burden of mental illness on invidividuals, communities and the health system
- Survey the benefits physical activity can have on a variety of mental health conditions
- Examine the neurobiological mechanisms that underlie the effects of exercise on mental health
THESE PRESENTATIONS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
All faculty, CME Planning Committee members, and the CME office reviewer have disclosed that they have no financial relationships with commercial interests that would constitute a conflict of interest concerning this activity.