Jordan Karp, MD, an expert on mental health in the aging population, will deliver the keynote address at the Arizona Arthritis Center’s Living Healthy With Arthritis Conference.
- What: University of Arizona Arthritis Center’s 19th annual Living Healthy With Arthritis Conference
- When: Saturday, May 22; 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Where: Online. Register at http://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-2021-living-healthy-with-arthritis-conference-registration-150655906873 by May 17.
The University of Arizona Arthritis Center will host the 19th annual “Living Healthy With Arthritis” Conference on Saturday, May 22. Mental health expert Jordan Karp, MD, will deliver the keynote address, “Behind the Mind – Mental Health and Resiliency in a New Era,” at the virtual event, which will include presentations on health care resources and the internet, stress management, osteoarthritis prevention and treatment, total joint replacement, mental health research and the All of Us program.
Dr. Karp, professor and chair of the UArizona College of Medicine – Tucson’s Department of Psychiatry, will describe the mental health impact of the COVID-19 pandemic with a focus on prevention and purpose in late-life mental health. Dr. Karp is a specialist on mental health in the senior population and serves as clinical service chief for behavioral medicine at Banner – University Medical Center Tucson. He is an expert in the fields of geriatric psychiatry, depression treatment and suicide prevention.
The conference is free and open to the public. Advance registration is required and closes Monday, May 17. Register online at http://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-2021-living-healthy-with-arthritis-conference-registration-150655906873 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Donations to support the Arizona Arthritis Center’s community outreach and education programs may be made during registration checkout.
The Living Healthy With Arthritis Conference will cover information about health and services that help improve daily life and promote strengthening the mind and body to manage arthritis. Breakout sessions promoting patient empowerment through the management of arthritis include:
- Healthcare Resources and the Internet: How to Navigate the World Wide Web
- Managing Your Human Energy: How to Thrive in Today's High Stress World Without Compromising Health and Happiness
- Q and OA: Answers to Your Questions About Osteoarthritis
- Optimize Your Response to Stress: Learn Research-based Strategies to Reduce Stress
- Facts, Fads and Fiction About Joint Replacement Surgery
- Mental Health Research Shaping the Future: the All of Us Program
- The Healing Power of Breath, Meditation and Reflection
- T'ai Chi
All of the sessions will be archived for registered participants to view after the event for those unable to watch the livestream. To view the complete conference agenda, visit arthritis.arizona.edu/annual-conference.