- What: Sixth annual ‘Arizona Palooza’ offers food, entertainment and mental health education
- When: Saturday, May 6, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Where: Gene C. Reid Park (SW corner), 900 S. Randolph Way, Tucson
TUCSON, Arizona — The sixth annual Arizona Palooza will take place Saturday, May 6, 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., at Gene C. Reid Park, 900 S Randolph Way.
Arizona Palooza is a free, community-wide and family-friendly event that brings together resources from across Tucson and Pima County to deliver useful information and resources about mental health in a fun, informal setting.
The Arizona Palooza Steering Committee is led by Camp Wellness, a program of the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson' s Department of Family and Community Medicine.
Camp Wellness is an award-winning program for individuals with serious mental illnesses, general mental health conditions and substance use disorders. Banner – University Health Plans is this year’s VIP sponsor of the event.
This year’s event includes the third annual “First Responder’s Lip-Off Challenge,” which promises to be a highly entertaining live lip-sync competition between police, fire, EMT teams and exhibitors. The event started in 2017.
The event also includes live music from local bands and games for the whole family.
The goal of Arizona Palooza is to reach new audiences and reduce the stigma associated with mental health.
Arizona Palooza highlights:
- Everything is free
- Performances by Our City’s Finest, Ron Jorgensen & Friends and DJ Hawk
- Oyama Elementary School Folklorico dance team
- First Responder’s Lip-Off Challenge (lip-sync competition)
- Booth bingo with great prizes
- Tucson Parks & Recreation’s Ready, Set, Rec! bus
- Giveaways, activities and games for all ages
- 2023 VIP sponsor: Banner – University Health Plans
More information is available at tucsonpalooza.org and facebook.com/ArizonaPalooza.