Frequently Asked Questions

Planning & Facilities Frequently Asked Questions

The College of Medicine has UA CatCard readers at 3 main entrances for keyless access to Building 201. The three entrances are: COM Plaza Deck South Entry, Medical Bookstore West Entry, and First Floor South Stairwell Entry (by Hippocrates Plaza). These doors are unlocked during regular business hours Monday - Friday 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. excluding holidays and univeristy closure days.

For access outside of these hours your CatCard will have to be programmed following the procedures on this Procedure for Keyless Entry Access. Please allow 24 - 48 hours for card to be activated.

All requests for additional space must be made by a department head or center director in memo form describing specific needs and submitted to the Assistant Vice President of Operations, UAHS.

  • Academic units will only be considered for additional space if they demonstrate a need for the space and if they meet or exceed established benchmarks.
  • Requests for additional space will result in the on-site audit of existing departmental/center space.
  • Space requests will be met based upon space availability, timing and how the request fits within the context of the UAHS current space inventory and strategic goals and initiatives of UAHS.
  • Recruiting space will generally come from within the academic unit’s existing space. Should additional space be required, it will be assigned at the discretion of the Sr. Vice President for Health Sciences.

The University of Arizona contracts with Delivery Doctors movers. If you need assistance moving such items as lab or office equipment, contact Moving Services at Facilities Management. Moving Services also coordinates set-ups for special events like luncheons and displays. These are billable services.

Phone: (520) 621-4701

University Information Technology Services (UITS) provides computing and telecommunication support for the University of Arizona. Examples include email address and telephone set up and maintenance and computer training and workshops.

  • (520) 621-8999 for Customer Service, phone and data work orders

24/7 for 24-hour-a-day tech support

Surplus Property will remove unwanted furniture or equipment that has A tags and therefore cannot be thrown away by Custodial Services.
Please contact Surplus Property if you have questions regarding their services or for a Request for Authorization to Dispose of Property form.

  • Phone: (520) 621-1754

The three state Universities have determined that continued furniture standardization allows the Universities the benefits of lowest price, established quality, best delivery and ease of ordering, and therefore established a Tri-University Furniture Contract that features several categories of furniture. Please use the vendors on the Tri-University Furniture Contract list for your department's purchases.

You can also click here to reach the UA Procurement and Contracting Services.

Conference rooms (other than HSIB) are scheduled through the AHSC Resource Scheduling website.

Health Sciences Innovation Building (HSIB) has a separate room scheduling system and room use rates are applied for all reservations other than credit bearing courses.

Is it a maintenance issue?
Call (520) 626-3000 and report a maintenance issue or submit a Service Request describing the maintenance issue. For maintenance you do not need to check either of the boxes indicating that this is a BILLABLE request or a RENOVATION/ESTIMATE request.

Do you simply need an electrical outlet installed, a new cabinet made or other minor work?
Submit a Service Request describing the work needed. You will need to check the box indicating that this is a BILLABLE request and provide a Job Number in the drop down menu.

Do you want to make physical changes to your area such as adding doors, removing walls or other modifications? 
Submit a Service Request describing the work needed. You will need to check the box indicating that this is a RENOVATION/ESTIMATE request.  To review the renovation process click here.

For additional information on other services provided by Facilities Management.

CatCards are issued to all UA students and employees at new student or new employee orientation sessions. A CatCard is an important type of identification for UA students and employees.

Phone: (520) 621-7043 or (520) 626-9162
Please contact the CatCard Office if you have questions about the CatCard, such as what services it can provide, or to replace lost cards.

Any student or employee can contact the Disability Resource Center by phone or via their website to report a facility access barrier.

Their office is located at:

Highland Commons
1224 E. Lowell St.
Tucson, Az. 85721

Phone: (520) 621-3268 (V/ TTY)
Disability Resource Center website
Report form